Triumph Roadster


I bought the Scrambler not for the looks, but because of its sound.
Few years earlier I heard the Scrambler with custom exhaust on the street and I fell in love with that sound.
Neither sounded like an old biplane, nor a vintage racing machine, but something rather in between them. Had to have it.
First 3 years used it as a work horse, and ridden it all year every day.
In that time instead of envisioning the bike, I made a list of visual and performance things that were down right annoying,
like: too long seat, too long rear mudguard, handlebars too german (maybe edit it out:)), headlight too small,
lack of power, wheels too thin, terrible rear shocks, and so on…
The first time it was modified, I didn’t manage to change all from the list.
It was the second time round, I got the majority done. I have to say, that was rather strange build.
Unlike the “Bluebird”, my last custom bike, it sort of escalated.
Instead of chasing the designed vision from the start.
I didn’t want to build it in clear genre category but to clash 2 together, or two time periods, 2 schools: new and old,
like we did creating Lamborghini Hot Rod with my friend Jans Slapins,
who co designed and 3D printed the headlight cover on this bike.
The bike is true testament to what can you do on really low budget too!
The whole build was possible thanks to Steve Hallam. Genius artist electrician, fabricator, and overall motorcycle doctor,
you know, a guy to go to. We became friends during the “Bluebird”, our last build.
This time We’ve built the bike with a bit of my involvement, as Steve took a role of a great teacher.
So, great, great deal of cudos to that Guy!
List of the modifications:
Wheels are Supermoto Takasago 17’s, 3.5 front 4.5 rear, with Dunlop Sportmax Mutant
front suspension has YSS valves and Tec progressive springs. Wavy “Braking” rotor.
Rear bitubo gas/oil shocks, swinging arm with a brace (visual reason mainly).
Seat shortened and the frame looped. LEDs all round. Handlebars by Emgo
The air-box’s snorkel and restrictor plate removed, secondary air injection gone.
Arrow exhaust cut 15cm shorter and emptied. Performance coils.
T&T (but really Koso) tacho with speedometer. Paint job – spray cans(!)
Engine casings engraved, polished, and engine turned with Dremel.
Generally it was a low budget build. Everything sourced either second hand, sale, or cheapest possible.
Whatever I couldn’t afford, like Speed Merchant finned covers, or JVB Moto headlight cover I’ve made my own!
Finally greatest thanks to my Wife, for support, help and patience.
Please follow and like us:

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *